REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
The REP Battle Royale is an online video competition for Solos, Duets & Trios!
This competition challenges dancers to film & submit an amateur video of themselves dancing original choreography for adjudication & consideration.This is being judged as a dance competition – be creative, use your iPhone – you do not have to be filmed professionally to enter!
- All entries will receive an adjudication sheet via email. Judged by an industry pro!
- Semi-finalists will be announced and re-promoted online by Represent! Entries with the most VOTES after 1 week at this stage will win BONUS POINTS.
- Finalists will be chosen based on their total score, followed by the # of votes received, and invited to perform LIVE on stage at Represent on Saturday, May 13, 2018 for Cash & Prizes!
This registration/competition is intended for individuals. Studios/Companies do not register for solos/duets/trios in bulk. You do not have to belong to a studio/company/team to register.
HOW TO ENTER
- Register Your Solo, Duet, Trio online before Dec 1, as an individual. This is not for studio bulk registration
- Payment is required to secure your entry. Payment is accepted online.
- Shoot your solo/duet/trio video. Pro or amateur filming – all is welcome!
- Scroll Down to review video guidelines
- Upload your video to the Represent Dropbox (max file size 2GB) before April 5th 10PM MST – Remember to name your video based on the guidelines below.
- This is a required step to be considered for adjudication
- OCT 15: REGISTRATION OPENS
- DEC 1: REGISTRATION CLOSES
- DEC 2 – JAN 5: LATE REGISTRATION PERIOD
- APRIL 5: DEADLINE TO EMAIL VIDEO LINKS FOR CONSIDERATION
- APRIL 9-16: ADJUDICATION PERIOD
- APRIL 20: SEMI-FINALISTS VIDEOS ANNOUNCED + RELEASED FOR SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING
- APRIL 25: DEADLINE FOR VOTING BEFORE FINALISTS ARE CHOSEN
- MAY 1: FINALISTS ANNOUNCED & ADJUDICATION SHEETS EMAILED OUT
Years of Hip Hop or Jazz Training (whichever is higher)
Beginner 0-2 yrs
Intermediate 3-5 yrs
Advanced 6+ yrs
Open (Instructor Level)
Novice (avg age 7-10)
Junior (avg age 11-13)
Varsity (avg age 14-18)
– Beginner – Advanced
Adult (avg age 19+)
– Beginner – Advanced
Open Category accepts all ages
- Semi-Finalists will be announced on social media and relaunched via the Represent voting website.
- The top highest scoring videos will be chosen from each division separately.
- Less or more semi-finalists may be chosen depending on the # of entries received per division
- Divisions may be combined for Semi-Finalists/Finalists
- Semi-Finalists with the highest # of votes will receive bonus points, helping them to break ties & edge out any close competition for the finals.
- The top highest scoring routines, factoring in # of votes received, will be announced as the finalists
- All finalists will be invited to perform the same or a NEW routine live at REPRESENT ALLSTARS.
How to name your videos:
- Dancer Name/Crew Name – Experience Divison – Age Dvision – #REPROYALE
- ex. John Smith – Intermediate – Varsity – #REPROYALE
Videos must be shot:
- Quality of camera/video will not be judged. iPhones and amateur filming is welcomed!
- Video file size must be no more than 2GB to upload to Dropbox
- Video Length: Max. 2 mins./routine
- Solos/Duets/Trios may only enter one routine per division
- Individual dancers in a duet or trio may enter in more than one routine
- Routines may only be entered once in a competition year per city.
- Online entry form and registration fee must be paid and completed to qualify